» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
Call to Action and Uzbek President's Visit to the United States
On April 21, 2017, the American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) met with First Deputy Chairman of the Senate of Uzbekistan Mr. Sodiq Safoev, Uzbek Ambassador H.E. Bakhtiyar Gulyamov and Acting Director of the Uzbek Fund for Reconstruction and Development Mr. Shukhrat Vafaev to begin preparations for the Uzbek President' Shavkat Mirziyoyev's visit to the U.S. in September 2017 (dates to be confirmed). These are the highlights:
- The September trip will mark the first official visit by the newly elected Uzbek President who has been vocal and affirmative in addressing issues such as corruption, currency convertibility, regional integration and responsiveness to the needs of international business community.
- According to the Senator, the Uzbek President is determined to improve the country's business environment and increase the US-Uzbekistan trade turnover to US$3 billion by 2018. Such commitment opens new opportunities for AUCC members and other U.S. companies who seek to expand their cooperation with Uzbekistan and offer their technology, products and expertise to the mutual benefit of the peoples of the U.S. and Uzbekistan.
- At the Uzbek President's invitation and initiative, AUCC signed a bilateral agreement on establishment of the Joint Committee that is tasked to expand trade, technological and investment cooperation, create favorable conditions for U.S. companies and develop Road Maps to help guide our bilateral business cooperation. Consisting of the high-level Uzbek officials (see below) and AUCC members and friends, the Joint Committee's first task is to identify contracts and projects that can be executed during the President's visit in September. To help you with your company's business development efforts, AUCC would like to ask you to respond to the Call to Action.
Approved List of the Uzbek officials-Members of the
- Sodiq Safaev, First Deputy Chairman of the Senate (Co-chairman from the Uzbek side)
- Zoir Mirzaev, Deputy Prime-Minister, Minister of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Ulugbek Rozukulov, Deputy Prime-Minister, Chairman of Uzauto
- To be announced, Chairman of the Committee of Senate on Foreign Issues, Economic Relations, Investment and Tourism
- Adham Shadmanov, Chairman of the Committee on Budget and Economic Reforms of the Parliament of Uzbekistan
- Bahrom Niyozmatov, Chairman of the Committee on Industries and Infrastructure of the Parliament of Uzbekistan
- Diler Khakimov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Shavkat Tyluyaganov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Anvar Usmanov, Deputy Minister of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Alisher Shaikhov, Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Kabul Tursunov, Governor of the Navoi Region of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Shukurullo Babaev, Governor of the Tashkent Region of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Call to Action:
- Please let AUCC and the Uzbek Embassy know if your company/organization is interested in signing contracts and agreements during the President's visit. Deadline for response is May 30, 2017. Of special note is the Uzbek Government's stronger focus and interest in trade, US technology and services.
- Please make sure to include your Point of Contact to help the Uzbek Government discuss the specifics with your colleagues and arrange for the Advance Team's meeting with your company when they are in the U.S. in June 2017.
» Welcome to new member
APCO WORLDWIDE - APCO Worldwide is a global consultancy specializing in stakeholder engagement and advanced forms of communications, helping today's most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world.
New York Time 15:28:00
» Weather in Tashkent
17 ° C
16/33 ° C