» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
Hillary Clinton to visit GM plant in Uzbekistan
David Shepardson/ Detroit News Washington Bureau of 10/18/2011 - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton plans to visit a General Motors Co. plant in central Asia on Sunday, the company said Tuesday.
Clinton will visit GM's new powertrain factory in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, said Greg Martin, a GM spokesman.
The Detroit automaker holds 97 percent of the market share in the former Soviet Republic through a joint venture.
That's the highest share the Detroit automaker holds in any GM market.
GM Uzbekistan, a vehicle manufacturing joint venture located in Asaka, Uzbekistan, was created in October 2008 by GM and government-owned UzAvtosanoat.
GM holds a 25 percent stake in the joint venture, while the other 75 percent is held by UzAvtosanoat.
GM Uzbekistan employs 6,600 people and produces more than 200,000 Chevrolet passenger vehicles yearly for domestic sale and export to neighboring markets such as Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Vehicles built at GM Uzbekistan include the Chevrolet Captiva SUV and Spark mini-car. GM and UzAvtosanoat established a second joint venture to manufacture engines, GM Powertrain Uzbekistan, in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. GM has a 52 percent stake and UzAvtosanoat a 48 percent stake in that venture.
The new facility has already begun pilot production and begins commercial production next month.
It has an annual capacity of more than 200,000 engines, which will power vehicles sold in Uzbekistan and other markets. The joint venture will create 1,000 jobs. It is the first powertrain plant built in Uzbekistan.
» 20th Anniversary Report
Building Powerful Opportunities and Relationships between
the US and the Republic of Uzbekistan
» Welcome to new member
OPPENHEIMER & CO. - Oppenheimer & Co. has more than a 100-year history as one of the premier Wall Street investment banks. It is public company listed on NYSE under “OPY”. Headquartered in New York, Oppenheimer has global offices in London, Hong Kong, Tel Aviv and Geneva.
New York Time 09:56:33
» Weather in Tashkent
17 ° C
16/33 ° C