» AUCC INTRO
The American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce (AUCC) seeks to promote trade and investment ties, cultural exchanges and bonds of friendship between the United States of America and the Republic of Uzbekistan. In performing these functions, the AUCC places primary emphasis on serving the needs and interests of its members.
Interview with AUCC Chairperson Carolyn Lamm Before 2012 Uzbekistan-US Annual Business Forum
Get Flash to see this player.
» AUCC events
» Contact us
Invitation to Business Roundtable with Uzbek Ambassador Bakhtiyar Gulyamov in Philadelphia, PA on November 20, 2013
JOINT ROUNDTABLE ON
PROMOTION OF STRONGER U.S.-UZBEKISTAN TRADE RELATIONS: Views by H.E. Ambassador Bakhtiyar Gulyamov on Commercial Opportunities for US Companies in Uzbekistan and His Assessment of Bilateral Business Cooperation
THE AMERICAN-UZBEKISTAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, US COMMERCIAL SERVICE, PHILADELPHIA AND FOX SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
Time and Date: 9.00 AM – 11.00 AM on Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Location: Fox School of Business, Temple University, 1801 Liacouras Walk, 701 Alter Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6038, http://sbm.temple.edu/global/
- Bakhtiyar Gulyamov, Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the United States of America
- Laziz Kudratov, Trade and Investment Counselor, Uzbek Embassy in Washington, DC
- Dr. Ram Mudambi, Executive Director, Temple CIBER
Located in the heart of Central Asia, Uzbekistan is home to almost 30 million people, has rich natural resources base and enjoys a GDP growth of 8%. The country's established infrastructure and well-skilled workforce are an attraction to U.S. companies. AUCC members are currently negotiating contracts and projects, which, if implemented, will total about billion invested in the next 2 - 3 years. During the period of 1992 to 2012 U.S. exports to the Republic of Uzbekistan amounted to more than .3 billion and American companies have invested more than 0 million in the Uzbek economy. In 2012 the US exports to Uzbekistan totaled more than 5 million compared to 0 million in 2011 and 1 million in 2010. While this is good news, the volume of U.S. exports and investments in this largest Central Asian marketplace is lower than those of Uzbekistan's near neighbors, including Russia with its exports to Uzbekistan reaching more than .3 billion in 2012.
Trade benefits everyone and should be explored in full so that the benefits for the security, cultural and education cooperation can derive from it. Please join our discussion with H.E. Ambassador Bakhtiyar Gulyamov, on his assessment of the present and future of our countries' bilateral business cooperation and presentation on issues such as:
- What are the business opportunities in the Central Asia’s most populous market?
- What trade and investment incentives are in place in Uzbekistan to encourage U.S. businesses to be more assertive towards the Uzbek market?
- What obstacles do U.S. businesses face in Uzbekistan and how does the Uzbek Government help companies resolve them?
- What are the Uzbek government’s views on WTO, Customs Union and Free Trade Zone memberships?
- What influence do these unions and collective agreements have on the US relations with Uzbekistan?
» 20th Anniversary Report
Building Powerful Opportunities and Relationships between
the US and the Republic of Uzbekistan
» Welcome to new member
OPPENHEIMER & CO. - Oppenheimer & Co. has more than a 100-year history as one of the premier Wall Street investment banks. It is public company listed on NYSE under “OPY”. Headquartered in New York, Oppenheimer has global offices in London, Hong Kong, Tel Aviv and Geneva.
New York Time 07:30:43
» Weather in Tashkent
17 ° C
16/33 ° C